7.15.2011

Favorite 5 MAC Lipsticks

I started wearing makeup in intermediate school, but I have not jumped on the lipstick bandwagon until the end of my sophomore year in university! My first lipstick ever was MAC Snob, and I have been loving lipsticks ever since. Although some may dislike the vanilla-ish smell of MAC lipsticks, I find it pleasant and not overwhelming at all.


L-R: Hue, Creme Cup, Playing Koi, Shy Girl, Lady Gaga

MAC Hue (glaze): My absolute favorite everyday lipstick! I would describe it as a nude with a pinky sheen to it. It is relatively sheer, and not drying on my lips at all. I seriously love this color, and it is my go to choice when I don't know what to sweep on in the morning. :)

MAC Creme Cup (cremesheen): This is the perfect true pink for me..without a doubt. It isn't bright or bold, but more of a natural light pink. Creme Cup is opaque, and I believe it would be flattering on a wide range of skin tones. I can wear it during the cold Colorado winters when I sport pale skin and the Hawaii summers when my skin warms up.

MAC Playing Koi (satin): This is on my top 5 list simply because of the fabulous color. For those of you who adore NYLON magazine like me, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that I've been on the search for a 'light peach with a hint of pink lip color' for ages. This is it! Playing Koi came out with the Quite Cute collection, so it is limited edition. The satin finish is drying, so I don't use it for long days at the office or school, and reapplying it during the day is a disaster for me..it just clings to my flaky, chapped lips. Quite NOT cute. haha. However, it is perfect for a brunch or short shopping day.

MAC Shy Girl (cremesheen): A great nude, peach, bronzy color. I don't usually use this lipstick alone, but I find it is a beautiful base for Revlon Peach Petal lipgloss.

MAC Lady Gaga (lustre): This is a wonderful bright Barbie pink shade! Worn with neutral eyeshadow and peach cheeks, this lipstick gives the perfect pop of color on my face. :)

I have MAC products ready to exchange for another lipstick, and I would love to know your favorites or suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Nice lipsticks :)

    xoxo
    Eugenia
    http://eugenemarseille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very helpful to me. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete