10.17.2010

For The Love Of Nature

I took this self-portrait a while ago when I completely loved everything outdoorsy. I would go hunting with my dad, swimming at the beach and I would ride my ATV (4-wheeler) for hours. I was pretty much a tomboy growing up, and had two sisters who were into more girly things like shopping and painting their elegant nails. It wasn't until college that I developed a love for makeup and fashion. I realized that the way I presented myself was a means by which I was able to represent and express myself. I have always been a lover of art and creativity, so I am so glad I have found a great way to play around with both on a daily basis.

Lately, I found that I haven't been spending as much time outdoors as I would like and I consider nature to be one of the most beautiful and inspiring things about life. As I've been adding more flower accessories and clothing to my attire, here are some of my favorite pictures of flowers I took over the summer:

Hope you all are off to a great start this week! :)

2 comments:

  1. That self portrait is so lovely! I love all of these photos, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful self portrait. I love the outdoor, too but sometimes we have to stay in so we can enjoy nature more and not take it for granted. The flowers are gorgeous.

    http://www.micealiling.com/

    ReplyDelete